The Austin Council of the Blind is accepting applications for their annual scholarship program. The Council, a sub-chapter of the American Council of the Blind of Texas, awards scholarships each year to blind and visually impaired students attending a Community College or University in Austin or Travis County.
Recipients of the scholarship must:
- Be a high school graduate or attending a college or university
- Be blind or visually impaired
- Be furthering their employability by acquiring new skills through higher education.
- Be attending a college or university in a 2- or 4-year undergraduate degree program of study, attending a graduate program or, in specialized situations, enrolled in a certification program at a proprietary institution.
- Have demonstrated financial need.
Download the application here. The deadline to apply is May 1, 2022.